Monday, October 5, 2015

Let's Start with 'Hello'

  My name is Kat. I was born and raised in the birthplace of Walmart and I now attend the University of Arkansas. I am a 19-year-old sophomore, double majoring in Communications and International Relations. I’m in a Christian sorority. I enjoy cooking & baking and live for coffee or ice cream dates & aimless drives with friends. I take pride in my crafting skills. I can spit every Nicki rap, sing every Ben Rector song, quote every Meg Ryan movie verbatim, and find it funny when people call me a “basic white girl.”

  I spend a lot of time, be it consciously or not, making sure people think I’m okay; making them think I have it all together and know exactly what I'm doing. But news flash-- I don’t. So here I am. I’m ready to tell the world that I don’t have it all together and don't know exactly (or even an inkling of) what I'm doing. I'm ready to say that I am struggling every day and that I make stupid and/or questionable decisions all the time.
  
  No one wants to talk about or admit it, but my story and experiences are more common than anyone wants to believe. We all want to pretend that we live in these perfect worlds, living our perfect lives, but I know I cannot be the only one. I don’t want to hide anymore. I don't want to pretend. I am not perfect and I am just another lost twenty-something. I hope through this, I can help someone else cope, push through their own situation, learn something new about themselves, provide an understanding heart or even a good laugh because life is messy and Lord knows I'm in the midst of it all.

xo, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment